Wednesday 9 June 2010

A few unidentified pieces...



I've been searching through our design books and online archives, from the V&A to the Danish Museum of Art for a few unidentified pieces. We have a beautiful rosewood table made by Heals that Once I saw, I fell completely in love with! Its a great example of the Heals craftsmanship and an interesting design, using tubular steel legs set into wooden supports. Possibly designed by Anthony Heal.


We have a lovely teak sideboard which has also stumped me! We bought this piece along with a rare Poul Volther daybed which is going through the upholstery process soon... The sideboard is probably Danish and late 1950's. It has a handle similar to a Wegner model for Ry and drawers similar to a Hvidt Soborg Mobler sideboard but I cant find it anywhere.


My job is a great deal easier when they are stamped. Although, when searching for specific items I generally come across something i wasn't looking for. Recently I discovered a Works design sofa bed for Gplan which I found whilst researching the Heals table. The sofa bed is now re-upholstered and earmarked for Tent London. I've attached a few images of the table and the mystery Danish sideboard, any ideas?

Josh Love

No comments:

Post a Comment